RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination

Out of Black Angelica

Alvin got in touch and started hanging out with a producer which traveled with the best rock bands out there..like Muse etc..he heard some originals of Black Angelica and liked it. Wanted e band to work on a full band version of the demos and sent it to him. Purpose of it was so that he could send the band to international music fests…places where a lot of bands get signed up by labels to become professional bands…and he inspired Alvin a lot esp in seein wat to do next with his life.

Alvin fell dat he had this big void within him ever since his dad passed away. And since den..he’s been searchin for the reason he exist and he feels he has finally found it. N he did not wan to waste any more time and wanted to go push the band as far as it could go. Dats y he spoke to every member abt it n was sayin dat everyone will really have to commit to the band now if we wan to take it further. Those dat r schoolin r willing to quit the sch for the band..

After letting me know the circumstance..he asked if I wanted to be part of it..for serious..n we trashed things out..to be honest I thot of this prob b4..if the opportunity came..will I take it..afterall I hav planned for a lot of things to take place..if not life would be meaningless..n finally I decided that I would not be a permanent fixture in the band..somehow I jus did not feel it was my calling..i felt that maybe my calling was in business instead.

I mean I find myself more willing to sacrifice work to develop biz plans than to go for band prac. I still go for jamming sessions..but I dun tink of the band all the time. But I do tink abt business..which is probably y I’m in talks with SMU Business Innovation Generator (SMUBIG) abt potential start ups. Although it is still a distant thing to be funded by the sch for now but I am goin to try to push it further.

The bottom line was I had many plans n commitments already..not jus biz..although I still love playin in a band..not to forget I spend 3 yrs in poly tryin veri hard to be in the top 5% to 7% jus so I could get a place in a local university..

Moreover..although I thot of buyin a new guitar for some time..instead of spending my cash on it..i spend my money enrollin into Wealth Academy which was about investments and ebiz…n I had little qualms dat it was the better choice..so dats y I thot..maybe business is where my passion really lies..

but u know..life is filled with tough decisions..but u live to do wat u love..or life would be such a chore. I hav a fren who jus graduated from SIM and gotten an events mgt job which pays like 1.5k/mth. But my reaction was..hey..if its wat u love..go for it..i mean..who cant get 1.5k these days..buts its abt being true to urself..doin wat u love..seein the big pic in life..n I salute that..

my parents r worried at times abt me..i mean they always hav..cos..i’m nv with the norms..lol..since young I was a reject..failin everythin..n they got worried I cant graduate..n den when I gotten sensible n worked my way to uni..i got them worried again cos I dun wanna work..haha..i dun wanna work for anybody in the long run.

They are like “y do u wanna take the risk?..u r in SMU biz (Top Biz sch in the nation) rite..ur top graduates r earnin a startin pay of SGD 8k-12k/mth..top 20% is SGD 4.8k/mth n above..even if u’r average..u would get 2.9k/mth…jus study harder..”

N I have 20 million objections to dat..first of all..GPA ≠ starting pay. Its no longer abt grades..stop payin so much attention to grades…Income ≠ pay. Getting a job is not the onli way to hav income..n yet again..its abt ur interest u know..always rem the big picture..i will stand by my dream..haha..

So I guess I’m lookin for a new band now..Mervyn (Poster boy for SMU) is interested in becoming e vocalist in my new band n I have someone interested in becumin e band’s drummer..need a bassist now..n may rope in a second guitarist..shall see how..but yeah..guess it stands..i’m out of Black Angelica..btw..i nv agreed to the band name…haha..sounds so metal..

Performing @ Handicaps Welfare Association

Despite still being sick..i went to perform at the Handicaps Welfare Association as part of alvin’s LTB proj..felt like sh*t on that sat morn really..but ya know..i’ve already made e promise to perform..n more imptly..its for the handicapped and disabled..so I couldn’t see myself backing out..

When I got there..i was pretty shocked to see the premises as it was really quite run down..and it’s a fairly reputable organization..i really wish the govt would do something abt it..it will definitely be one of the organizations I will be givin bac to financially once I make more money…they deserve better..

Alvin’s team repainted and refurnished wat used to be a store room and revamped it into a recreational room..where the handicapped could indulge into a game of pool. Viewin their determination in life and their persistence for greater living and better self-being..it reminded me that many things in life are very much a state mind. There are already an unlimited list of miracles and examples of people who really fought for wat they wanted and wat they believed and eventually achieving it.

hows this for a shot?

It spurred me on to go achieve all my goals and stop wastin life away..which is wat I’m goin to do this hols..

0 comments: