RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination

Intelligence + Arrogance = Ignorance

I’ve always updated my life..jus not online..haha..cos on the bus home is where I hav the time to really record wat goes on in my ever hectic schedule..Its was week 5 and I’ve found life this sem to be extremely different from last. Last sem was much more relaxing and I had more time to play guitar and stuff. This sem, I hav to make an effort to play regularly. Such a contrast. But I might as well do. I somehow find myself doin work every single day..not like I had a choice (by force of endless assignments) but I’ve also told myself to buck up this sem..

Not that last sem was bad..actually it wasn’t at all..especially considerin the effort that I’ve put in (what effort?)..finishin above average with pretty decent grades was something I really didn’t deserve. I feel that everythin I hav now is because of the effort I’ve put in in the past..from the reason y I’m in SMU to how I managed to score for Financial Accounting…they were all due to hard work from the past. If I keep dependin on my past effort, I will get wiped out in smu in no time at all. Ppl r tinkin I muz be either veri hardworking or veri smart to hav came thru the poly..but in truth..i’m none..now..nv had the latter anyway..truthfully..i felt all my ex gfs were smarter than me..I jus wanted to get into uni more..thats all..

I feel that every ‘A’ I get without workin hard for it is like a Karma which will come bac n haunt me soon if I dun start earnin my grades..my parents even asked me to apply for scholarship since my current GPA qualifies for one..n I’m like…”r u mad????”…will nv get one la..esp when I’m so lazy now..

But this sem..other than not wantin to lose to others, I have other agendas that is pushin me on..i was in the car when I heard on news radio 93.8FM e other day..where they were discussin whether till todae, poly grads are still bein looked upon as 2nd grade and lower class students. And the truth is…we still are..there were a few callers that said they hav frens that tink that way..n this female caller in particular strike my attention. She said that she told her principal in sec sch dat she wanted to go to a polytechnic even though her grades were gd enuff for JC..

And the principal immediately replied “WHAT FOR?? Any FOOL can make it in poly…” which immediately made me wonder if that particular principal has updated herself..on how much more people like Sim Wong Hoo is making than she was..there r talents in the poly..not sayin it jus cos I’m frm it..but dats the truth..

And to top matters, I’m aware that some minority in the SMU population share the same sentiments as well..even my then band frontman Alvin didn’t hav the nicest things to say about his proj mate n attributes it to the fact that he came from poly. I dunno how some ppl can make comments like this when they’re at the other end of the bell curve..the wrong end..that is..

These ppl reminds me of a phrase that was imprinted into me courtesy of Robert Kiyosaki. He said, many intelligent ppl end up unsuccessful because they were too full of themselves and were too arrogant to look ard for reality checks. They tink they know everythin n that they r invincible..and together, Intelligence + Arrogance = Ignorance where their ignorance get into their way of success.

0 comments: