RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination
Virtuoso Semi Finals ‘07

After e somewhat impromptu guest performance with Melvin at the Red Bull Monster Bash…he asked me if I would like to perform with them in Virtuoso…and I was… “why not?”.

Took us abt 3 to 4 days to brain storm ideas…rearrange..fine tune..till we were ready. Alvin also roped me in for his performance..so I was involved in 2 performance at the Semi Finals.

On the actual day..we had to arrive by 1 plus in the afternoon for sound checks and endless photo shoot session which was pretty fun! The photographer got us to ‘chu’ loads of pattern man. It was damn funny…





The judges (cant rem their names) had some pretty mean comments to make to some of the contestants! I guess it was to make the show interesting. The semi finals was held at Bukit Panjang Plaza and subjected to public’s viewing.


We (Alvin n co) played a 4 piece acoustic version of ‘Boston’. ‘We’ included another guitarist and drummer. The day itself was the first time that I’ve met them…let alone play with them! But it took us less than a min to gel. What can I say? When good musicians come tgt…lol. But seriously..they were good…n I tink we sounded pretty gd for the actual performance. Considering it was the first thing the judges pointed out…and it was all compliments. I guess we were good!








But for my main performance…which was with Ben and Melvin, we mixed songs both English and mandarin which had e same chord progressions and it was very entertaining! *self praise*. I wun forget their expressions when we played..haha. We’re registered as ‘Lego Brothers’ (I din hav a hand in this) and we chose songs that were very suitable for the heart lands…afterall..we were in the heartlands.


We started with an emo version of the Chinese song ‘xiao wei’ which floored the jaws of the judges cos it was such a cheesy song. It then suddenly kicked into hyper mode as we stepped up the tempo…which sent the crowd into amazement..cos e way we did it was damn funny. We only did the verse for Xiao Wei (cos the chorus din fit in) which sang abt her charming eyes etc…and den we stopped singing. With background music provided by me…Melvin went on to say “你们知道吗?小蔚其实是个。。。” ß (Do you know? Xiao Wei is actually a…)

That’s where ben and I came in with… “Beautiful girl…that’s why it will never work..you’ll have me suicidal..suicidal when you say its over~” and e transition sounded perfect! Afterall we spent some time rearranging the verse etc. We then gone on to perform a modified version of the song. Performing with Melvin and Ben was awesome!


More pics taken when we were bored...

btw...april was in some denise keller look alike competition..n she won!

At the end of the day…contestants had to come tgt at the front of the stage during the announcement of the results. They would announce the contestants that made it to the finals one by one…n those who made it..will go on the stage..






N….the moment of truth…

WE GOT THRU! Haha..


N I dunno if it was coincidental..but both my performances were the last to be announced..in the respective category. So shitty man..haha..to be standing there…knowin there’s only one slot left..n prayin its u..haha.

0 comments: