RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination
Red Bull Monster Bash 2007

During the Halloween season…I was hired to play at the Red Bull Monster Bash which was held in the SIS Lounge! I have to take my hat off for the ability of Bizcom once again for being able to make things happen. I wasn’t really involved in the set up as I had other things goin on and also cos the notification for the performance was pretty last min…meaning we had to write song list…prac…fine tune etc. But just look at the transformation of the room…its awesome!

Sound Check






My new acoustic performing partner is none other than SMU poster boy…cum GPA 4.2…cum pool expert…cum archery champion…cum caroline yeoh favorite…cum lover boy…Mervyn Lek!





The man can sing…and his vocals are pretty suited for the acoustic set ups. It being last min, we sat down n scrambled some materials tgt. Things went pretty smooth I guess..esp considering I’ve nv played with mervyn b4.









We’re called ‘1 am’ (i.e 1 alan & mervyn). ‘1 am’ was displayed on the event postures and circulated…and some ppl actually thot the event starts at 1am! Diaoz…







They had smoke machines that went off from time to time and it was so strong…I could barely see at certain time of the event! No kidding! I had my song list stuck on the floor next to where I sat…and I couldn’t even see it at times!...tsk…






The whole event included dance…acoustic performances…and also DJ spinning hip hop beats..I even had the chance to play with the turntables during sound check before the event started! It was awesome to scratch!

Melvin Ho (Host of the day) also did a guest performance during my set and we played ‘collide’. Another dude with vocals. Videos r available in my face book profile. ß a fact I believe many already know.


After the event…I stayed n help tear down everything and pack up the lounge…till abt 2 or 3 am where everyone could leave. We work hard..we also play hard.

The loot i ran off with. About 50+ cans i tink...

After which I headed down to Hougang and subsequently East Coast with gina…n talked thru e nite facing the coast..as she was pretty emo abt stuff. By the time I reached home..it was 8am…time..for bed…

0 comments: