RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination
Virtuoso Finals

The judgment day finally came…a few Saturdays ago…

After so many rounds of eliminations…against talents from all the universities, polytechnics as well as SIM…since june…

It was finally the finals..

To be honest…we were ill prepared. Melvin was out of town…Ben was busy with his exchange stuff…n we jus weren’t able to meet up.

We missed the first rehearsal and at the final full dressed rehearsal…we still weren’t sure wat we were performing! That’s how last min we were.

I didn’t ask anyone down to watch us…cos…I felt..we really din prepare too well…

I heard that this year’s ticket sales were more sluggish than last yr too…all e more..i din call anyone..








Our poster!

We had to reach by 12 plus dat day for runs after runs before e actual event…

I’m not one to get nervous…usually. But there were some butterflies in e stomach..maybe cos we din sound too gd at e pre-runs that day…

And I had to spend some time adjusting settings on my guitar so that it sounds better on e sound system in the auditorium. Previously..it sounded like shit..haha..


Ben messin with my guitar n my shades!

Joel's Set up for e day

I stuck to clean acoustics



Melvin on guitars. erm...




To showcase wat we hav in SMU...no wonder our sch fees r so high!

When we finally got on stage for e real thing..i was shocked to see a fully packed auditorium! I was thinking.. “aiya..play to small crowd one..” which..wasn’t so small afterall…

It was a little hard to play at times cos when e spot light shines..it actually blinds u and all u see in front..is darkness when u'r on stage.

Everything went pretty well…e audience laughed when they were supposed to laugh…clapped along when they were supposed to…so I guess it was ok. We were careful with our song choices this time round..so dat we could maintain our ‘sunshine’ image…but at e same time…have enough vocal offerings cos afterall…it’s a singing and song writing contest.




Fully packed audi!









Videos...Thank you cindy for taking video of us! But it was taken with a hp..so audio and video quality isnt fantastic.


We told them we'd sing a malay song.

Can't take my eyes off you...

We returned to e dressing room after our performance…till e interval. That’s where we could go mingle with e crowd and ‘la piao’ (pull votes).

After a long wait…it was finally time for e results..

I felt many other groups were veri impressive..

As a result…we only won 2nd Runner up. I can’t really call it a surprise or a disappointment..viewing the time we actually spent in putting it tgt..which is only a few days. Maybe next yr..we’ll do better..

Prize giving

The first for group category went to the team comprising of NUS/SIM. No disputes there…I felt the beat boxer from SIM jus blew everyone away..can sing..can beat box..can play guitar..all at e same time..

I dunno how to beat that..lol.

After e prize giving...a talent scout from an artiste management firm approached us for contacts. I'm 100% sure she came cos of melvin and ben. sigh. lol.

But at e end of e day..it was fun. Performing in front of ppl is always fun…


Cliche 90's Boyband pose. lol



0 comments: