RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination
Blood Donation | Endless Suppers

Blogger has been givin me so much problems..and they dun seem to be bothered..sigh..dats y i haven been posting..

to show u what i'm talkin abt...refer pic below..




n rite now..it is still like dat..i have to look for 'hidden' and 'invisible' buttons to do this post..hai..n for buttons dat cant be located...i have to use tags...this is super old sch...who blogs with tags..

in any case..i went to the blood bank @ HSA that day with clarence...since we're both regular donars..and we're due for our next donation. It was my first time donating at the bank itself..all my previous 6 donations were at mobile drives in schools (NYP & SMU)..

but as usual..the team at HSA is always friendly towards blood donars..esp when some donars are 23, smart, charming and absolutely irresistible..hahaha..

after the usual chat with the doctors and some test..the doc told me to drink more water as my blood pressure was a little on the low side dat day..and dat was the first time i knew that water could actually help increase pressure..pardon me..was nv trained as a medic or anything close..all i did was poke needles into my troopers and vice versa..

when i got into the donation room..i was sat down immediately..n den i noticed this middle aged guy sitting by the door who had just finished donating..it was his first donation..i presume..

i gathered my conclusion becos when the needles r finally extracted from our veins..the nurse would present us with a gauze that we're supposed to press against the wound. The nurses will den help bandage it to help the wound close.

Instead of waiting..the guy took the gauze..pressed against the wound..n left the room...

n i was..wat???

n a few minutes later...he rushed bac into the room with blood gashing down his arms and blood spurting all over the floor..

ohooooo....wat a sight man..haha..



Cleaning the blood off the floor..

so there u go..dats how i concluded it was his first time..n i dun tink anyone will disagree with my analysis..haha..

i got on with my donation just fine..except that the senior nurse commented that i had a lot of 'ba' (flesh) on my arm..hey hey..gym is payin off..haha..n partly due to the years of guitar playin as well..



To numb the pain..



The real needle..











When I finally took enough pictures.

i finished my donation pretty quickly in about 5 to 7 minutes..(sometimes i wonder do i hav high blood pressure)...n clarence was onli half done..dats where the nurse complained to clarence.."why u so slow???..can faster anot..".. n clarence was stunned..and said..den u poke a few more needles lo..haha..

some ppl often asked me..y do i donate..its so scary..n looks painful..n troublesome (cos u cant exert strength for a day or 2)..n my reply is..I believe in giving...lol..

I got no money la...what do u expect?..i'm a poor boy..so i give my blood..










in anycase..u cant buy blood with money...and i honestly believe that the best way to receive..is to give..n someday..when I need help..I will onli receive it when I have alreadi given something..
Disclaimer: I'm not a religious person..no rocker is..but nonetheless...i believe god exist..

towards the end..the nurse came over with a pink bandage..and i was like.."huh..can dun wan pink??"..n somehow..the whole room burst into laughter..tsk tsk..all the ppl eavesdropping..

Endless Suppers...

of late..supper has been like my norm of life..just dat with diff ppl..thank god for being kind to me..n not giving me a tummy like qiang has although i deserve credit for goin gym alot these days too..haha..



$2.30 for.. ...Air??



Thats not my hand..of cos..it cant be dat ugly..lol..










at one particular nite at Simpang Bedok..i was with Rio, Sentill, Su xian, Wei yuan and ryan..n somehow we touched on the topic of homosexuality..which Rio somehow wasnt aware of...n we decided to make fun of him since some of his gym postures looked veri gay..

n i said "Rio likes to bend over (the dirty kind of way)..."..suddenly realizing that we're talkin abt him..Rio replies "YA! I bend over everyday!!..."...n we all burst out into laughter...Hahahaha

Rio thought we were talking abt his warm up regime..lol...n he's like.."Whats wrong with bending over???!?!?!"...n we laughed even louder..i tink we would have affected the appetite of neighbouring tables..lol..

so now we know..haha..

n that reminded me of the BSM (Business Study Mission) dat we had at Batam..with my BGS classmates. I was chewing n blowing my bubble gum away while walking in one of the factories..and out of a sudden..Sophia spotted me chewing and came excitedly up to me and said: "Alan!! I WANT TO BLOW!!"....n we all flipped n exploded... .. i almost spat out my gum..

n i replied.."cannot...i veri innocent one.."...lol..hey!..dats the truth..

controlling my laughter..i asked her.."what are u goin to do after u blow.."..n unaware of what we're laughing abt..she answered "Spit it out la! Den swallow meh??"...dat sent us into further laughter...lol..

oh..so now we know..lol..she's no Zoe Tay..

many discoveries made these days..

n when she realised wat we were laughing abt..she turned totally red...hahaha..

always remember..tink b4 u say somethin..it may come bac to haunt..like it still does her..lol..

0 comments: