RSS
Just a kid with a pad
and a pen and a

big imagination
Market Updates

I apologise for the disruption in blogging but i have been spending many sleepless nites following the US market developments. My heart goes out to those who have their life savings wiped out.

But i strongly feel that the media is much too one sided..focusing only on who and how much was lost in the market. But the truth is, the market is a zero sum game. Every dollar lost in the market is a dollar gain by someone else in the market.

This is my result for last nite..my total holding period was 1 and half hours. It shows that money can still be made and infact..is made faster than non crisis times.



For example...
47.06% over an hour on Goldman Sachs (.GSMA)
$1000 becomes $1470.6...$10000 becomes $14706..in 1 n half hr of trading hours.
(e last time i checked..it rose more than 47%. but i shall leave it as this..since dats wads stated in my print screen)


My fibonnaci retacement forecast for the SPY. Fell more than i expected it to. But that would just mean more money would have been made if i traded it..

Before u run too excited to ask me for a treat..i have to declare that these are results from my virtual trade account. i.e, fake money. No point claiming credit for something i nv really did..
This are the trades i would do..based on my humble and amateur analysis.
I refrained from trading real money since i got caught unprepared by the fed's sudden ban on shorting (selling) of financial stocks. my gut was that many other unexpected and unprecedented announcements will continue to happen and it did.

govt's US$700b bailout plan was suddenly initiated..rejected shockly..n den approved which was the first in history. It was meant to be gd news n yet markets tanked. Then came the global interest rate cuts. for once..my gut was rite..in sayin the govt will do more things we nv knew they could do. And markets jus dun behave like ppl would expect them too.

yet..dere r ppl making millions off the markets rite now. I hence conclude..i need more upgrading..cos i am clearly not making the millions yet. But i shall stop at nth to get there!

Here's to my progress!..

0 comments: